Friday, June 29, 2012

Parmesan

I have two Parmesans in my cheese fridge.  They smell like heaven.  I haven't tasted them yet as the directions say wait 10 months to a year.  The older one was started around New Year's Day and the younger one is just two months old.  I think I need to start a third.  It's amazing how strong the Parmesan flavor is, even though the ingredients are nearly the same as for Cheddar.

I oiled the younger one today to seal in the moisture it still has.  It's going to be a very cheesy Christmas.

Alas.  I opened the first one.  Sorta.  It was way way dried out.  The flavor is still OK, but it's so dry I could only grate it.  So...I finally softened it by wrapping it in a paper towel.  I chopped it up and am soaking it in white wine.  Plan is to make a white wine, garlic and parmesan sauce and freeze it.  I am learning....

No comments:

Post a Comment